Scholarships and Financial Aid
At the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown, we foster an environment of community, academic excellence, and service and we want your child to be able to experience it. That’s why we’ve put together a portfolio of opportunities available to existing or incoming diocesan students.
These programs, in addition to offers available from individual schools, can drastically reduce tuition costs.
Simple Tuition Solutions
The Education Office of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown has partnered with Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) to assess the financial need of families seeking need-based tuition assistance at all Diocesan schools.
Below are the income guidelines for eligibility for tuition assistance:
|Number of Dependents||Maximum Income|
|for additional dependents||add $18,514/each|
Educational Improvement Tax Credit
The EITC grant allows businesses to contribute to education and receive a tax credit for their contributions. These funds are available to schools when businesses register with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development for tax credits under this program.
In order to receive the EITC grant, students must be:
- Elementary or high school-aged
- A resident of Pennsylvania and enrolled in a Pennsylvania school
- A member of a household with an annual household income no more than $96,676 (except that an additional income allowance of $17,017 is permitted for the student and for each other dependent as defined by the IRS living within the same household)
Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit
The OSTC provides tax credits to eligible businesses contributing to tuition assistance in the form of scholarships.
In order to receive an OSTC grant, students must:
- Live within the attendance boundaries of a low-achieving school as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Be a member of a household with an annual household income of no more than $105,183 (plus $18,514 for each dependent member of the household)
For a list of 22-23 Low Achieving Schools: Click here
Misciagna Challenge Scholarship
The Misciagna Challenge is a non-profit scholarship program providing financial assistance to motivated students, enabling them to choose a value-centered Catholic learning environment in our Diocesan schools.
This scholarship presents a program for students to grow as lifelong Christian learners who are encouraged to overcome challenges, obstacles and adversity they may face in life.